Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by cutnturf, Mar 3, 2009.

1. cutnturf

cutnturf LawnSite Member

My best friend and i started cutnturf a lawn mowing, trimming, cleanup, etc. business. We have been friends for 3 years now and have never had a fight or conflict. My history. I live on a farm with 9 horses and chickens, i worked with a guy who farmed 400 acres of hay, corn, wheat, soybeans and learned mechanics and farm knowledge. My best friends history. He is a hot rod guy that has tons of mechanical knowledge. We first thought of doing a lawn bussiness two years ago but never went through with it until this winter. We found a gravely pro 150 50" wb for cheap in awesome condition. Found a sulky for $25 which was a steal! We bought a homelite curved shaft weed whip for $12 and picked a straight shaft weed whip out of the garbage whit all it needed was a spool. We also got a walk behind edger for free. My friend has a 97 Tahoe to pull my 5 by 10 trailer.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

no bashing intended.

but damn...clean your mowers...IT'S THE OFF SEASON!

I'm sure they still make the bread though.

nice pics.
  3. cutnturf

cutnturf LawnSite Member

we just got the mower and its 27 degrees in michigan and i didnt wanna powerwash the equipment then have it freeze to all the belts and such
  4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

good luck! One question though, where's the blower?
  5. cutnturf

cutnturf LawnSite Member

we are still trying to find one that is a resonable deal, all the ones around me have been 30 dollars over priced and can not talk them down.

NIXRAY LawnSite Senior Member

Hey I understand you are in the need of a blower??
    PM or e-mail me at ngramer(at) with your equipment needs and budget I've got numerous units in stock and can get just about anything within a reasonable amount of time thanks and good luck with your new company.
    G~Force Small Engine
    *Coming soon 24/7 mobile service* :weightlifter:
  7. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Good luck with your quest. Looks like you will be off to a good start.
  8. IntegrityGuy

IntegrityGuy LawnSite Senior Member

Best of luck two both of you guys. This is basically how me and my buddy started out last year and now we are doing really well. You wont know what to do with all the money you will be earning. Just make sure you can be reliable.
  9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

that is how many get started, good luck and be smart cause it is tough to make it far in any self venture without strong relsolve
  10. Lucky Star Lawn Care

Lucky Star Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Good luck to you guys...but be prepared to start bit##n at each other