Cuts by IRELAND

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mireland4390, Sep 29, 2013.

1. mireland4390

mireland4390 LawnSite Member

YES YES and YES! haha
    i am full-time now. had to leave my previous job to fulfill my "be my own boss" dream...and so my wife could stay home with the kids

2. sbuchanan8154

sbuchanan8154 LawnSite Member

congrats mean while in michigan 3 of 15 melted yesterday

3. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Whats you monthly income
    Have you paid off the Badboy package April getting close
    You do know if its not paid off come april all the 8 months of no interest will be added on to your sell price

4. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Well well well....

Think I'll just pop on here a take a little credit for myself...

Toot my horn a little bit....

And say....

CONGRATS MAN!!!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!! I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!!!!!

No, really, I really knew you could do it.... I said so on page 1...

That is some insane growth man...

Now, since I was right the first time, take my advice right here.... Don't go crazy, pull in the reins a bit.. I'm sure you have read threads here and heard guys say not to go nuts and grow too much too soon. It sounds like you are handling it fine for now but it's something to consider..

Again, good work man..

5. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

How well does the preservation work pay? I saw a few advertised on cl and was mildly intrigued until I saw the rates of $500 bi weekly.

Being a new business you should understand # of accounts means next to nothing. The only thing that matters is how much $ you're taking in during your billable time.

You seem to be doing well and I hope you continue to have success in the future.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. mireland4390

Idk if you read the whole thread from the beginning but i got 4yr 0% interest/no money down/no payments for 8 months when i got the package.

ps.....ITS PAID OFF!! The reason i work my ass off as much as possible is to pay off my equipment ASAP. so now i own all my equipment...no payments but still have warranty on EVERYTHING. The quicker i paid off my equipment the quicker i make bigger profit...literally all my money the past couple months has gone to paying it off knowing that the business i have gained will replenish my funds.

7. mireland4390

YEA MAN! I appreciate the support from you and from everyone else. not only everyones support but esp their knowledge. have learned a lot and will continue to take advantage of it!

and as far as going TOO big....i am actually in the process of working my little brother into working with me on the weekends. its not even summer yet so i know it will be double time when it does come...therefore i need to think about help. and in my opinion my little brother on the weekends is the cheapest/safest way to get help as of right now. i will probably be testing some friends if they are willing as well....and that is ANOTHER reason why foreclosures are the BEST is cuz you can train your employees on them too!!!

so long story short....im in the process about thinking of the near future and growing bigger but also smarter

8. mireland4390

the money from foreclosure jobs all depends on how fast you work...i get paid by the job. by myself i can throw out a basic cutusually $20) on a 1/4 acre house in 20min or less all day. so lets say im getting in 3 houses an hour.
    $20 x 3 cuts = $60/hr
    and thats the low end cuts...if that same size lot is super overgrown i bid it out at $80-100. so yes it will take me a little longer cuz i cut it without lowering my deck then cut it at the correct height....so more like 30-35min.
    $80-$100 x 2 cuts = $160-$200/hr

AND dont forget the other little jobs you can do FAST to gain even more per house

FASTER!! FASTER!! FASTER!!