1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cuttin' It Close Lawn and Landscape stripes

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Tyler's Lawn Maintenance, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Tyler's Lawn Maintenance

Tyler's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't posted anything in a while, and I have had work than I've ever had. I've been experimenting with some 21" stripes, and in my opinion, they have turned out quite well! My uncle has also given me access to his Walker mower, and it is a luxury. It leaves the best cut I've ever seen in a rotary mower. Attached are a few pictures of my work, feel free to comment.

4.19.12 (2).jpg

walker stripes.jpg

walker stripes 2.jpg

favorite machines.jpg
  2. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Those 21'' stripes are awesome man.
  3. Tyler's Lawn Maintenance

Well guys, I've had a busy summer, but it has been well worth it! I picked up a Gravely Pro 36 with a velke x1 and I love it. It have a great cut and the Kawasaki is bulletproof. Attached are a few pictures of some of my mowing pictures. I know my stripes aren't great, so take it easy on me guys. Haha

4. bshustack

bshustack LawnSite Member

What brand 21" mower are you running? There nice tall stripes.

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

The 21 stripes looks good, The walker stripes look horrible. I just cant look past the 3rd wheel marks right down the middle of the stripes.
  6. Pro-Lawn&Grounds

Pro-Lawn&Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

I agree I absolutely hate walker striping its not even really striping its just wheel marks. I'm sure a heavy enough striping kit could really help the issue.

Also get a two wheel sulky for the walk-behind if you can, spreads your wait out and the wider plate makes striping a lot nicer.

Still nothing stripes like double cutting healthy grass:cool2:
  7. Tyler's Lawn Maintenance

I'm running two 22" Toro Recyclers at the moment. I'm happy with how they perform, but they can't compete with a Honda.

Goldpro, I understand where you're coming from. The Walker is probably my favorite machine, and although that third wheel isn't my favorite, it's a great machine. I'd like to demo the split tail wheel machine sometime to see how I like that. Thanks for the comment man, keep up the good work! Btw, your stripes are by far the best on the site!

Pro-Lawns, thanks for the complements buddy! I've heard good things about the velke x2 and I wouldn't mind trying one sometime. The velke x1 came with the Gravely. I really wanted a bull rider type castoring sulky for my exmark, but I recently sold it.

Thanks for the comments guys!
    Posted via Mobile Device

APLUS LAWN CARE LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from North Missouri

Those stripes look awesome in the beginning!
  9. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey man good work, glad to see another south carolina member.
  10. TrioInc

TrioInc LawnSite Member

Great looking stripes!