1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cutting 4 times a month???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LawnSharkMowing, May 9, 2007.

1. LawnSharkMowing

LawnSharkMowing LawnSite Member

Hey its the Lawn Shark again....Question...I live in florida and have been going off of this rule of between the months of April-October I cut a lawn 4 times per month and between Nov-March 2 times per month. Now in Florida it hasnt started raining yet but im still cutting lawns 4 times per month (once a week) even it the grass doesnt need cutting. I feel that I'm charging my customers for 4 times a month and they should get their lawns cut that much. Is it normal to charge for 4 weeks worth of service but only cut twice?
  2. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

A different way to look at this is you are reserving time slots for your clients. Let's say 40 mowings a year and they are billed on a budget for the reservation of this time. But if you are billing people per cut you should only be billing them for services rendered. It sounds like it is very much one in the same - just depends on how you present it to the client. And remember, if you contract them for X number of cuts you can still provide other services for them of equal or close to equal value in lieu of mowing if it is not needed.
  3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Even if the grass does not need cutting I still come by. I will edge and blow off the hard surfaces, trim any thing else. My customers pay monthly and I can usually upsell other services in the cool months:usflag: :usflag: :usflag:
    ericg likes this.