cutting accounts in a row together?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FrankenScagMachines, Mar 9, 2002.

?

would you cut 2 or more prop's in a row together, in one cut?

1. Yes

31 vote(s)
    62.0%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Yes, if customers did not mind

13 vote(s)
    26.0%
  4. No, not even if customers requested this (who knows why they would?)

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

If you had 2 or more accounts (residential) in a row, and they did not have fences around the outside, would you cut it as one property? Do you think the customer would like or dislike this? Would be easier I would think... if they were setup about the same.

2. C4chris70

C4chris70 LawnSite Senior Member

This is common practice in our area. We do it all the time. Our customers don't mind at all.

3. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

I do this and it has never been a problem. I guess some people may be picky though.

4. LawnLad

LawnLad LawnSite Senior Member

I would take each case separately. If the neighbors don't like each other... cut them in two different directions, but you can still line trim and edge at the same time. I don't know why, but I'd think for sure the front yards should be cut separately so you don't have the same striping across mulitple fronts. Back yards, I think less important. What would a prospective customer think? Which looks more disstinctive? As I said... case by case type situation.

5. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

just one big happy family ;->

6. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I guess I meant cutting and striping them in the same direction.. Like, stripes going from property to property. Guess I forgot to mention that....
    Eric

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Common practice here...less turns means greater productivity...and less expense = more profit.

8. Can't say much more than that.

We cut each lawn in (property line) sepratly though.

9. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

If the neighbors had a problem, i.e., feud, make a run down the property line after you finish. Problem solved.

10. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I might make a stripe where the property line is so you can tell who's yard is whose.