Cutting acres

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jayandlo, May 10, 2002.

1. jayandlo

jayandlo LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

How can I decide how much to charge to cut 6 acres of land with two homes included. About 2 acres between each home and there is a fence that splits the acreage in half. I am looking for any ideas.

This property is about 35 miles from my home. Any insight will help.:blob4:
  2. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of machine are you using? What kinds of obstacles are there? i.e.- beds,trees,etc.
    Are you solo? Down here I think most are getting around $40 for a straight acre. Just mowing. If you have a good rider (ZTR),you should be able to knock an acre out pretty fast. IF you don't have to deal with a lot of obstacles.
    Just my .02;)
  3. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

$65 per acre is my minimum. After looking at the property than I will adjust if need be.
  4. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 3 acre yard, and mow and trim around all obsticals and house - trees, phone boxes etc in 1 hr. 20 min. with a JD all wheel steer 455-flex-deck - 78" cut. I figure you need at least 60 dollars per hr to run this type of equip, so figure it out.

Thanks brad
  5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Thats a hell of a drive, don't you think?

35 miles, I can be in three DIFFERENT States!!!

All my lawns are within a 4 mile radius, and I think some are a bit out of the way!

Make sure you figure in your travel time into this bid! That should be $60 just for travel right off the bat! I figure about 5-6 man hours to mow (without looking at it) especially with the fence dividing the two will prevent continuous mowing.

Shoot a high price at this one!

$300 - $350 would be my quote, but only because I would'nt even want something THAT far away.