Cutting around in-ground pool

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by imalandscper, Jun 21, 2005.

1. imalandscper

imalandscper LawnSite Member

Anyone have any accounts like this? no matter what i do i have to keep cleaning it out! Any tips guys?

2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Clean it out? That's why pools have skimmer systems. If not, what little I get in the pool, the pool boy can take care of on Friday.

3. A Leaf Above

A Leaf Above LawnSite Member

Its hard to keep all the clippings out of the pool if its within a couple of feet from the turf area .If your usin a mower make sure the chute is away from pool , if using atrimmer ,use the head so it rotates away from the pool at slightly downward angle .

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

If you have a helper, have them stand to the side of you, with a blower and blow the clippings away from the pool as you trim.

5. imalandscper

I always turn the chute away and even bag. Maybe i am just too picky. they have a pool boy i guess i just gotta make sure i am there before him!

6. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

If you walk clockwise around the pool and only keep the left side of the trimmer down you should be alright. thats what i do and the clippings are shot back towards me.

7. imalandscper

always trim clippings away too

8. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

The idea of using a blower to have air hit the deck works wonders, no grass at all.

9. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

That works to a point...until it is a windy day...that is what pool owners get when they want a grassy area near their pool. Don't sweat it. As long as you aren't blasting the pool with grass I don't think anyone is really gonna care.

10. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

I just slow the mower RPM's down that seems to help.