1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

cutting back this year

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass addict, Mar 9, 2005.

1. grass addict

grass addict LawnSite Member

The past 5 years I have maintained 40 to 50 properties and also had a full time night job and I'm not going to work that much this year. I think I will try to keep about 20 or 25 yards this season.Last year I mowed with a john deere 797 and the new john deere walkbehind with the 7-iron deck.In the fall I sold all of my equipment including 20' gooseneck trailer as a package deal so I could downsize this year. I have got several large properties to mow so I would like to stay with a 60" cut but I'm trying to decide between an exmark 60" with a 23hp kohler or a great dane ztr 60" with a 25hp kawi. Any advice?
  2. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

just bought a lazer z 60 with the 27 on it. I will let you know when I get it out for the first cutting. I got it for 6000.00
  3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

We have an 04' Exmark 60/23 Great mower it will never let you down. I has on of the best cuts out there. In tall grass the 23 requires you to go allittle slower, but for the owner operator it's great.
  4. grass addict

grass addict LawnSite Member

Two years ago I had a 27hp lazer z with a 60" deck and my only complaint is it is very top heavy and dosen't do well on hills especially if you nose down a hill it looses traction easily. I don't mean to talk bad about your new mower It's an awsome machine but i would run a little lower air pressure in the tires for better traction. The reason I like the great dane is because it is so small and light it is quick and awsome on hills and uneven ground.