1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cutting Corners and Trimming Costs?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jcr_17, Feb 13, 2004.

1. jcr_17

jcr_17 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I had 500 business cards made and it was going to cost appx. $36.00 extra to have the back side of the card printed. I decided to pay $15.00 for a stamp that I could use to stamp on the date and weekly maintence fee. I looked something like this:

Date: __________

Weekly Maintence $______

I figured it would be cost efficient for when I am in the field and someone asks how much I charge I can give them my card and the fee that I would charge. Has anyone tried this? Keep in mind I just started in the business.
  2. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

yes I do the same thing it just looks better than chicken scratch on the back of a card.
  3. CEW900

CEW900 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

how do you go about getting ones of these stamps for 15$?
    You know of any web sites online to get them??

thanks guys

BODIDDLY LawnSite Member

try a computer store. i got mine done at staples..
  5. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

office max I use them for all my rubber stamps.
  6. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Just paid 39.00 for 2,000 full color (four color) business cards with full back printing. Add shipping and it was still under $50. www.vistaprint.com/promo
  7. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Why not just have the back done with the that info on it. Then you don't have to mess with a stamp. I think a professional print would look better too.

8. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi jcr_17,

If you are on a low budget, you can also get the business card template sheets to use with your own printer. I am sure you could get very nice results from them.
  9. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Its a good idea, but i just keep lawn estimate sheets with me, and give them one with a business card.