Cutting dead weight: old equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by zechstoker, Jan 9, 2013.

1. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Put it in the pile of save it stuff...

2. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

That's pretty much what my trailer is being used for. It's not operational at the moment, so it's just considered a storage unit for stuff not being used.

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

One of the guys that my son-in-law knows has a whole family to feed on just 1 paycheck. We give him all of our old aluminum and yard equipment etc. He strips it down and sells it to the local recycler.

4. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I have a buddy that sells old car parts on e bay does pretty good with it does about 30 grand a year on e bay alone. You could do that with old mower parts and such too I would think.

5. 94gt331

94gt331 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male

I just got rid of 3 old pushmowers, broken weedwackers, chainsaw, trimmers and blowers and some other stuff recently. I gave the junk to some of my employees they where happy with it. I needed to make room in mys shop for some new replacements this season.

6. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

The guy on the receiving end of that sounds like my dad when I was a youngster. He was working as a mechanic at a car dealership to support a family of 4, struggling to make ends meet, and got a lot of help from his bosses and coworkers. Those fine folks helped to keep a roof over our heads and food in our stomachs. God bless them, and god bless you for looking out for your fellow man.