Cutting early morning grass

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AUWarEagle, Apr 3, 2008.

1. AUWarEagle

AUWarEagle LawnSite Member

Hey I've got a question i'm new to the Bussiness and have a question for the experts who have been cutting for a while. I do this part time in the evenings but see alot of LCO's cutting at like 7:00 in the morning when i'm on my way to work?? How are they able to cut that early in the morning with all the dew on the ground without deck clogging up and grass clumping?? Is there a secret that I don't know about?? In my past experience cutting with dew on the ground causes alot of clogging with deck and clumps all over the lawn, but when I go past these jobs I don't notice any?? What's the trick!!!

2. AUWarEagle

No comments????

3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I see you have a hustler and a crapsman? There is your 2 biggest problems.

4. AUWarEagle

I know the craftsman is not all that but the Hustler should be comparible to anything else out there....

5. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Make sure your blades are sharp and the bottom of the deck is clean. If the grass sticks then spray the bottom of the deck with fluid film or a cooking oil like PAM.

6. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

My dad is that way, if it rains in the morning...he's outta luck for the whole day....that's somebody that only mows one yard!! If it's not a pour'n I'm a Mow'n!

7. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Keep the decks clean. I clean the decks after every dump when I am bagging.

8. AUWarEagle

Cooking oil??? Really!!!!

9. IN2MOWN

yeah, just get some spray on cooking oil and coat the bottom of the deck every morning, make sure the deck is cleaned off before you spray it.

10. IN2MOWN

I probably should of been out today...