1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting Edge Lawn Care 2005 Mowing Rig Photo Shoot

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by FrankenScagMachines, Aug 4, 2005.

1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

------------------------------

IMG00025_2.jpg

2. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

IMG00026_2.jpg

3. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IMG00027_2.jpg

4. bondman35a

bondman35a LawnSite Member

Looks good but i have a question. Shouldnt you put the heaviest mower(the z) in the front so you have more tounge weight? Maybe it doesnt matter with a 300' trailer or what ever you have. But On my single axel I feel better if the bigger mower in the front for tounge weight. If it works for you awesome.

5. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

bondman,
    A tandem axle balances out a lot different/better than a single axle. This trailer has more length in front of the axles than behind it. The two walk behinds in front definately balance the Z in back. It sits good this way. The truck has tongue weight, and enough of it, but not so much that it sits unlevel or squats the truck.
    If I'm running without the Viking as usual (never really take it with me) then I put the TTHP all the way foward and the Lazer right behind it, on top of the axles and thats a good balance too.
    Another reason I do what I do is because I'm all about effeciency. We use the Lazer a LOT more often than the TTHP, so why unload the TTHP everytime you need to use the Lazer? Thats crazy... I guess if you have to do it for good trailer balance then do it, if it makes you feel better. But this is balanced great, almost perfect actually.. and its most effecient for us.
    Thanks,
    ~Eric

6. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

Not bad Eric, keep up the good work!!! :waving:

7. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Thanks man. Hey whats this you're moving up too! An Expedition and dump trailer I don't remember you having...

8. arborist-28

arborist-28 LawnSite Member

definately shows your trying impressive set up .. c

9. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

How many hours does the lazer and turf tracer have on them

10. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Thanks arborist.

ToroLandscaper, the TTHP I don't know really. I think I would guess about 2,000 hrs or so... The Lazer I just got this spring and I have about 110 hrs or so on it.

"Nobody Does It Better"........