1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting Fertilizer

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by gslam88, Apr 3, 2002.

1. gslam88

gslam88 LawnSite Member

Steve,

I am just around the 25 and 59 area or monroe

Pete

2. groundsguy1970

groundsguy1970 Banned

Why would you apply 24-5-11 after a UREA ap?

Won't the "balanced" fert cause "weed" grasses to seed after overwintering? I use straight N after X-mas...

:cool:

3. dan deutekom

dan deutekom LawnSite Senior Member

I think you made a mistake fertilizing with that much nitrogen just after a urea application. Chances are very high that that lawn will burn. I hope for your sake you have wet and cool weather for the next couple of weeks

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

This stuff (the TG/CL N) was put down so thin, it wouldn't have that great of an effect in it anyway. I mean they REALLY skimped on the stuff. We've had nothing but wet weather lately anyway and since. I always go low on the N at the beginning of the season, and concentrate on the K durung the growing part of the spring. I love my thick lawns, but I don't like having 4 to 5 inches of growth a week. As far as color, my iron certainly helps, as I have always had the greenest lawns on the block. This thing is really selling itself! This is why I can say that after just one application, you (the customer) will see better results than any other service around. Guaranteed! There is no doubt, that I am giving these people the nicest lawns around. Even THEY are saying that now. The only problem is when I'm sometimes asked if I can give them the nicest looking lawn on their street. I sometimes have to tell them no, that is imPOSSible. They look at me a little startled, and ask why is that? I just simply tell them that it's because YOURS, isn't the only one on the street that I do! Usually, they just sort of smile... I LOVE this stuff!:)

5. vegomatic40

vegomatic40 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 6