Cutting gated residential lawns?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RH, May 3, 2000.

1. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I use 3 mower 1 Walker 54'' Scag dual hydro 36'' walkbehind and push mower.I try to get the scag in most of the time but I still have jobs that require the 21''.Does anyone know if the gateway is a dual hyrdo??????<br>

2. pete

pete LawnSite Member

Well if we cant get the 36 in the only thing to do is use the 21. I have a route that we run with 2 21 because 2 guys can mow the backs and i can do front edge trim and fire up the blower before there done( we also have a lot of townhomes on this route). You guys will like this, i do a whole lawn, 3/8 acre, with a 21. i could use a 72 if i had one but the customer likes the 21 stripe. they pay well and they are nice people so we deal with it. I also want you to know that when i first started i cut a 1 acre lawn with a 21, ah the good old days. I like the gate renovation idea, ill have to try that.

3. paddy

paddy LawnSite Member

i think that mower is interesting, but it serves a small market. I wonder how the belts are routed? it looks sturdy, i wonder how it locks into the regular position? The most usefull part of that mower, from what i can see, is how far the deck is offset. Then i thought, it would be nice to see it with a floating deck. that would be very dificult to make a floating deck fold. then i thought some more, that mower will scalp like crazy, imagine doing hils with that. what if the bagger side hits a bump, the large extension would make a nose dive into turf. But, i'm glad that someone is trying something new.

4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I just say no to single gates. If I can't ride the lawn, I don't cut it.