Cutting height on Country Clipper Charger

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by mowhigh, Jul 6, 2004.

1. mowhigh

mowhigh LawnSite Member
    from Dallas

Have noticed that my blade height doesn't correlate with the settings on the deck (1 1/2 - 5 inches). At the 4-5" settings, the blade was as much as 1-1/4" lower. After maxing out the threads on the adjustment bolts, I changed the front bolts. This didn't help as much as I thought, since the deck couldn't be raised to lock (in the transport notch). The deck is perfectly leveled and raked, and the 1-1/2" deck setting results in a perfect 1-1/2" blade height. But the higher deck settings (especially above 3") are about 3/4" higher than the actual blade height. Any suggestions? (rvrdvr and bantam, come in please)

2. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

maybe a spacer? on the blade-spindle air psi changes alot of things also just a thought

3. bantam

bantam LawnSite Member
    from iowa

Front right hanger SHOULD BE bottomed out on the threads of the adjusting bolt (this prevents the deck from being raised too high and causing belt interference at the back of the mower). As far as why a low cut ?????? could be any number of items??? Caster wheels, tire pressure, linkgage bars, etc. LOTS of items to check.

If it were me I wouldn't worry about it if things cut high enough to suit my needs. If it didn't cut as high as I needed it to I would get my dealer to look things over.