1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cutting in New Beds & Gardens

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by AllProLC, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Trenchblade

Trenchblade LawnSite Senior Member

OK, cool, i got ya, yea i don't think the trenchblade is made to go deep enough for the way you used to do bed lines. The idea with the trenchblade is to be efficient, cost effective, and look good when it is done. It has worked out great for us, but different people do things in many different ways and it's real hard to say what the best way is especially when you are dealing with mother nature. I know that landscape techniques differ in various parts of the country and at various levels of skill and experience.
  2. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

Just edge it out with a spade, spray the grass with round up pro, then use the spade to cut the grass out like a sod-cutter would after the grass dies. Use the quick acting round up and keep your money you would use for rental in your pocket. Don't forget to use a pre emergent in the beds.
  3. creatived

creatived LawnSite Member

Spade Spade Spade