Cutting in Ohio

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by cks dad, Apr 15, 2007.

1. cks dad

cks dad LawnSite Member

Finally started cutting grass yesterday did 6 yards.Was wondering if anybody else in Ohio has started yet.Have only got two new customers for this year so far and about ten estimates im still waiting on to here from.Just was wondering how everbody else was doing seems slow so far.

2. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

CKS
    Hey we are working through the weather as much as possible here. We are staying busy thou. Working the mowing out to the later part of the week.

3. cks dad

cks dad LawnSite Member

yea things should be picking up this week Walker thanks for the response and have a good year.

4. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

CKS
    Did you get my PM?

5. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

I have been cutting since the last week of March. I did my Wednesday adn Thursday routes that week. Started my full swing around everything the first week of April.I have 3 cuts in on the Weds and Thurs routes. But this cool weather has slowed things way down. Still trying to figure out if I will try and cut everything this week or push some of it back. It is only 45 outside right now so things are growing fast anyway.

JP

6. wrm

wrm LawnSite Member

just started cutting 2 weeks ago, still slow, 4 residentials, 1 commercial,
    a few in the works. weather has been rough, but should be good this week.
    good luck to you guys.
    Clean Cut Lawncare

7. cks dad

cks dad LawnSite Member

Walker
    No i didnt get your pm?

8. cks dad

cks dad LawnSite Member

Thank you wrm and jpp have a good year

9. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

I have one lawn in which I have had to mow twice already. Like already said above...it has been in the 40's for atleast the last week. Some lawns are not even close to needed it yet but I sure can't wait to get busy!payup

10. ribbie78

ribbie78 LawnSite Member

Got my cleanups done and mowed the contract people. Hopefully the weather will be decent this week to start the per-cut people this week.

rob