1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cutting my throat!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bastalker, Mar 12, 2003.

1. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

A couple of weeks ago I put in a post about a guy i met in the local Exmark dealership. Had just bought a 48" lazer. Told me he was gonna cut my throat. Work for $15 an hour etc...
    I was in talking to the owner getting plow work done, and the owner told me he had a heart attack, and underwent a triple bypass last week:eek:

He still hasn't picked up his mower yet..

Hope he gets better! He should also give up the idea of cutting 1000 yards a week for 15.00 an hour.

I am also wondering what he is going to do when he starts gettin all the calls from the thousands of flyers he passed out :confused:

When it rains it pours!! I use an umbrella.........:drinkup:

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I guess he showed you huh.

Anyone that would walk up to a stranger and say that kind of trash is a moron who wouldn't succeed anyway. Mayby you should call him and ask him if he needs you to cut his own lawn.

No sympathy from me.
  3. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

What's the old saying?

"What goes 'round..comes 'round".

I know that the speed of this is sometimes slow in coming...but sometimes it is amazingly quick.

Coincidence? Or Karma?
  4. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Find his customers and give them all bids. obviously for more than 15 friggin dollars. but just tell/prove to them that you're quality of work is well worth it etc etc.

on the same token, i hope he feels better. heart problems are no joke. :cool:
  5. kh5150

kh5150 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Ouch....open mouth insert ??? Hope he gets better :-0
  6. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Once he gets better, I think he will probably come to know what life is really all about. Maybe, maybe not.
  7. I wonder if he got glimpse of the Almighty. That tends to adjust people’s attitude. When it does happen, a lot of folks start counting regrets. There’s a good chance he’d remember your face, but there’s no way to know where he’s at (mentally, spiritually).

I know the type well, and I thought your reaction to him was pretty classy. Maybe you’ll see him again.
  8. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Sometimes this can happen in this industry. sorry about this one! "It Can Break Your Heart":angel: