Cutting on base

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HacMan91, Nov 12, 2003.

1. HacMan91

HacMan91 LawnSite Member

Anybody cut on base? Ive read hundreds of posts and never seen anything on this. Im giving a bid to an officer on our local AFB this week. I thought the federal inmates cut all the grass, but Ive learned that they cut only buildings and common areas. I know you have to register your vehicle and do some other paperwork to gain access to the base. He says he can line me up with some other officer's yards. Im sure all the houses are exactly alike.

2. jasond

jasond LawnSite Member

Just remember that military families come and go...so you will see a lot of turnover.

Also, since they do not own the home(s), they are probably only wanting their lawn cut. It will be hard to upsell them on additional services.

3. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

When I was active duty I would mow for Officers and higher ranking enlisted for extra cash. Like mentioned before very little additional services but for the postage stamp lawns I made out better doing that then I am now. They are all close and you can pretty much do 4-5 or sometimes more in an hour. I did 58 on the weekend and earned 960 a week. Now I was a scrub as you call since I did not have insurance nor a business license, but average pay was around 15 or so and a few were 25. Good luck.