Cutting radius

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Junior M, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I've got a customer that would like us to cut radius's in what is now the straight edge of her pool deck..

They'll end up being about half of a 6ft circle in the straight edge, at the biggest.

What's the best way to make clean curved cuts? I've got a big gas saw and various other electric saws...

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

An you're cutting what????

3. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer LawnSite Member

concreeete

4. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Easy peezee

5. Junior M

It's a concrete pool deck.. I apologize.

I've made curved cuts before with my gas saw and then trimmed with a grinder to clean it up.

I was just looking for a new way to do it..

6. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

I know of no "New" way just don't over cut you will be fine safety glasses dust mask or water.. if you dry cut do not allow the massive amount of concrete dust to settle in the pool. It will damage the plumbing cover the pool.

7. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

might be a stupid question but will there be re-bar in the concrete deck?

8. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer LawnSite Member

There usually is rebar to ground the electric side of the pool install. Hopefully the cut does not disable this:nono:

9. Junior M

I've never seen rebar in the pool deck that grounded the electrical.. Typically the pools shell is grounded and a wire is buried with the lines back to the electrical panel box. At least that's what we've found here.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Junior M

Didn't even end up making the radius cuts. Tore out almost the entire deck.. Will be repouring concrete Thursday morning and puttin down a completely new spray deck.
    Posted via Mobile Device