Cutting radius

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Junior M, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

What.........
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah, please elaborate

3. Stillwater

I think drake may be referring to pool bonding, bonding is interconnecting all metal components, its not grounding it is always confused with grounding and it is dangerous to confuse the two. Now a recent post from the OP says he replaced the pool deck this now can screw up the pool bond unless other steps were taken
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

The only bonding in the deck is for the diving board jig and any hand railing. In Ca we run #6 copper wire continuous from the main drain to the bondbeam and then the equipment pad.
    Posted via Mobile Device

that includes the light niche if used

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  5. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Please explain further..

This pool is fiberglass that we are working on.. No diving board, hand rails.. Only a light. Which is on the back side of the pool where no concrete was removed. We've hit no wire, rebar or anything. So there is no worry of messing up a bond or ground..

Posted via Mobile Device

6. Junior M

That is how it's done here.. On vinyl liner pools we run a continuous piece around the top edge of the wall that then connects all the steel panels, handrails and diving board that then runs to the equipment pad.. We'll then drive a separate ground rod right behind the light niche and ground the light niche there. All has to be inspected before backfill.. In most places..
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Stillwater

Why would you need further explanation from me when in this quote above you appear to have a reasonable understanding of the current topic.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Junior M

I am curious why it is dangerous to confuse the two
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Stillwater

You probably would not understand my personal explanation, but this is a clear and concise explanation defining the difference between bonding and grounding and why it is dangerous to confuse them.

http://www.poolspanews.com/electrical/on-the-grid.aspx
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Junior M

Well I feel kind of dumb. I do this everyday and never knew the difference.
    We've built and renovated many pools over the 5yrs I've been contracting with this company. And it's always been called grounding.. Even the city's and county's call it grounding..
    Posted via Mobile Device