Cutting radius

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Junior M, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

What are your options abrasive wheels at 10 bucks cut all day but change wheels every 10 minutes or kill a 150 dollar diamond get the job done in in a hr or 2, or burn a little of a 800 dollar diamond and get many jobs out of it. What does the job cost you ....what are you billing if for ..... How much time you got.... It's a choice....
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Google "UFER GROUND" been in use since WWII.

I have been in and around them most of my life too. Digging, tieing steel, gunite and shotcrete crew hand, plumb and wire, pouring decks (salt - stamp - kool deck) even plastered a few. Dove one earlier today and did a video inspection, have a 24 hr equipment on leak test going right now. I kinda know my way around most pools and spas.

That is a very good definition.

As a rule the only rebar in the decks of older pools was a couple of 6 ft #4 bars bent in the middle and placed at the board stand jig. I have seen dowels bent into the deck from the bondbeam though. That is something that i personally would never do.

Prolly more regional or after 2008

Grounding and bonding are important, but not for that reason.

Just because i have been around a bit doesn't mean that i know more than you or anyone else. It does mean that i have seen quite a few different ways that things are done in different parts of the country.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Yeppers :)

I thought that's what you were gettin at :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

We work with pools in a total different capacity than you do :) Apples to grapes :)

But response was just setting you folks straight that the dude was referring to concrete reinforcement.

5. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

It was obvious by your post that we don't share the same scope of responsability. You guys work around them after the hard work is done. :)

And since we are set straight, i would suggest an ICS or Husky diamond chainsaw for the larger radii and a small hand held grinder with diamond blade for the smaller radii. Finish the edge with a diamond cove and edge tool.

It was fun spending time with you all :waving:
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I've torn up plenty of pools decks. It's hit or miss on rebar and wire here.. It's more so depending on the builder.

This job had three pieces of rebar down each side, each around two foot long, Running from the cantilever out. Turns out that was where the concrete cracked..
    Posted via Mobile Device