1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Cutting schedule during the winter months

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Brandon, Oct 27, 2001.

1. Brandon

Brandon LawnSite Member

I have been looking up information on cutting schedules during the winter time. While I was searching the site I noticed that companys cut on a bi-weekly schedule during the months of November and March, but they did not live near me. I live in Georgia and I was wondering if I also cut during the months Of November and March about twice a month in order to keep the lawn looking neat? Thank you for your help!

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

In Florida they cut year around, but it's every 2 or 3 weeks during the colder months and I'm sure it varies from the north end to the southern tip too.

Up here, we would need a snow blower on the front of the mower to cut during the winter months. :)

3. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Although I have never actually used a blower prior to mowing we have cut around snow banks before when beginning the season depending on the severity of the previous winter -LOL!!! ;)

Kris