cutting streaks on my lazer z

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by jld54_99, Aug 23, 2006.

1. jld54_99

jld54_99 LawnSite Member

I have a lazer z and when i cut medium up to heavy grass it leaves 3 streaks down the middle of the blades. When i cut really thin grass it does the same thing no matter if i have new blades or sharpened blades. I have to go over it two times and it cuts clean. It doesn't't matter if i am cutting at 2 inches or 3 inches or higher or lower it still does the same thing. had been doing it since it was new. thought it was fixed for awhile but it started it again. i bought it in October of 04 and had two seasons. very frustrating any questions. I have used all kinds of blades from low lift to high lift even mulching blades and it does the same thing. Any suggestions is appreciated.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello,
    The best thing you can do is visit with Fred in Exmark Service @ 402-223-6270. He can help with trouble shooting on any Quality of Cut issues.
    Thanks Brian

3. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

I have seen this happen if the front of the deck is higher than the back of the deck.

4. waterboy1

waterboy1 LawnSite Member
    from AL

Mine does this also. I use the mulch kit for my 56". I have noticed if I cut at a lower pace or speed, it doesn't do it as bad. I also go thru a set of mulching blades every ten hours.

Jason