Cutting Through Trees

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by River Hill, Apr 18, 2001.

1. River Hill

River Hill LawnSite Member

I know this has been discused before but, was unable to find it on a search. How do you make your stripes look like they went through the tree? I have tried different ways but, it always looks like I make a circle around them. I am cutting with a Exmark 48" Turf Tracer HP.
  2. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't know that was possible. If any of you know how to, can you e-mail that info to me. My clients would love it.
  3. EROSS17

EROSS17 LawnSite Member

This is kind of hard to explain in writing but here it goes.
    When your heading toward the tree just do what you would normally do and go around it. Now the stripe next to it of course has to be going in the opposite direction. So if need be go down those stripes next to the trees a couple times to make that grass lay flat. Also make sure your tires are inflated correctly. If not, you'll scalp around the tree. Hope that explanation helps.
  4. jrebeiro

jrebeiro LawnSite Member

Go completely around the tree first and be careful not to scalp. I usually go around the tree when it is on the left side of my mower. Then you go back over the previous line. Go back over the line that intersects the tree then go around the tree (Not completely around!!!). Continue your lines and it should look like you went through the tree. I usually only do this on my bigger lawns since you dont get good stripes on smaller lawns anyway.