cutting trees

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by sdog882007, Aug 15, 2004.

1. sdog882007

sdog882007 LawnSite Member

hi i have a customer that wants a quote to trim about 8 trees that are about 30 feet tall, all of them need major trimming like whole branches taked down, my partner and i figured it would take about 30-35 man hours for the whole job, i was wandering if $1200 was a fair price for this job
    Thank you
    Steve

2. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

lol ... get an arborist!

3. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree BIG time....

4. Wreak

Wreak LawnSite Member

Arborist for just branches? I've only brought them in for whole tree issues.

5. legendrider

legendrider LawnSite Member

How are you planning to acess the lateral limbs that need removal or pruning? Anzi standards say anything over 12 feet and you must be tied in with proper climbing gear. Can you reach them with a stick saw? if not your insurance as a landscaper may not cover any damage or most of all personal injuries. Can you offer some more info?

6. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

I would seriously think about the Arborist,tree work has a diffrent insurance policy then doing lawns or landscapes, just think if one of you fall from the tree or even worse one of those branches swings the wrong way...sub to a tree service...