Cutting with WB & bagger on slopes and hills?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

My 34" mower is leaning to the side with the "heavy" bagger attachment,even half full it angles itself maybe a half inch, or a full inch when full.

I cut one customers lawn in his front yard which i cut on an angle and slope pitched hard down to the right.

It looks like the mower is uneven when cutting, i think b/c the left side of the mower floats too much with the heavy attachment on the side.

Has anyone else seen this? how else could i eliminate this problem. He is a normal complaining customer and his front yard is literally 40x25 but id rather keep his business.

Its a simplicity 34" mower with roller stripe kit that comes with it and how the back of the mower adjusts itself to height and a 3.3cu ft Accellerator aluminum bagger.

2. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i have noticed that going across steep hills with a 21" mower the cut looks a bit uneven, i think that it is the hill's fault, not the mower. the mower deck rests on the rollers to determine the cutting height, so the deck is most likely level.

3. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

check your belts that will make it pull real bad with a filled catcher..what i also do is side discharge without the catcher keep making right turns till all the debri shoots into the middle and then put the catcher back on and pick everything up for that one or 2 strip

4. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

thats an idea, this customer is ANAL as h@ll about going in strait lines, sideways up this hill thats in front of his house. PLUS there is a 10' wide block wall in front with a tree in the middle, ill have to snap a picture, I doubt i can ever satisfy this guy since he wants lines in his grass liek the neighbors do but he has the smallest front yard. When you see the picture youll realize that with any lawnmower larger than a 21" incher, you cant make nice strait lines.

Its also a hydro jj lol, its not belts, and ONE hydro so if i let it go and hold the "forward" lever down, it will naturally want to run downhill to the side that it pulls to. ive checked tires and all, deck cuts perfect on flat ground. i cut it high too, not low at all.

5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

bagging on a slope? who needs that!