Cutting yet ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rochester, Apr 11, 2001.

1. rochester

rochester LawnSite Member

We are not cutting yet in western New York, getting close though. Everyone arround here is going crazy with clean ups cause the winter ended last week and the grass will be ready for a blade next week.

2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Full blown operations here for the last month....

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I started today. It seemed good smelling the freshly cut grass. It was in the low 70's today and we got more rain last night, and tonight, so we are going to be rolling full blast next week. :D

4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Been cutting here for month and 1/2 and now getting high on pollen. I think we got and inch of pollen on the ground now. Thinking about getting me a pollen plow.........

5. wont be cuttin my third of growth off for about another 2 - 3 weeks now. some people are already cutting. my lawns dont need it yet.

6. Grateful11

Grateful11 LawnSite Member

Been mowing for about 3 weeks now and I'm mowing my own about every 5 days when I find the time. The pollen just showed up here 2 days ago and came on the fastest I've ever seen it. Probably because we set 2 record highs in the last 2 days, 89 Mon and 90 Tues. Suppose to be near normal next week and the recent rains we got are drying up fast. I was in Charlotte today and it was so hazy it looked like fog.

7. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Probably starting the 23rd. If I want to push it I could mow a few lawns a day next week but Id rather try and finish spring cleanups. As it is theres still snow in some spots but Im just cleaning around em.

8. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Mowing since the 2nd week of Feburary, ain't it nice to live in the deep south. Temperature hit 95 today and I nearly roasted.

9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

It's like grass here started growing like wild over night.
    We've been cutting for three full days, and everyone needs cut now. The rain here is slowing us down some, but it sure is making the grass grow.

10. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

We are looking at a good two weeks before we venture out. There are still some snow piles left around where the plows piled up. So yeah, still waiting, but recent rain will only help. Perhaps cutting down on the time. Good luck to everyone.