Cutting your own yard..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bagit, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Bagit

Bagit LawnSite Member

After a hot sweaty day of mowing/discharging, how many of you go home and sneak out your bagging system to cut you own yard? I do because i spend a little time in my yard/flower beds and i can't stand to get a bunch of grass clippings all over my shoes. Also it keeps the kids from tracking :walking: clippings in the house.

2. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

No bagging here. Heck my lawn is on the route, I don't want to cut it myself, lawn crew does that.

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I've put sharp blades on my machine just to cut my yard then swap again, but only once. Now as far as the bagging, I would sure hate for someone to see me bagging my own when I flat out refuse to do it for any customers, but then I hate bagging so there's little fear :laugh:

4. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

No bagging...period!:laugh:

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

My last home was 8.2 acres. I used to bag it every Saturday. Then I woke up one day and said f*** this. :nono:

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

never bagged and any more it does not look like theres much mowing being done. LMAO

7. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

This topic is the perfect example of the old saying....

An auto mechanic drives a piece of chit car.

A roofer needs a roof.

A LCO has a badly kept lawn.

8. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

WHY would I bag my lawn when I know's it's the worst thing you can do, and when I can make a lawn look PERFECT by knowing how to leave clippings behind??

9. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I don't bag and the clippings are minimum. Due to the fact that I know what I am doing and have the Exmark power going on and sharp blades:weightlifter:

10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Yep we bag the clippings for our yard. Not only is our yard small, I wouldn't have it any other way especially around the pool. no one likes stepping in grass clippings then getting in the pool. :hammerhead: