CVS work threw Daystar Company?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lsylvain, Nov 19, 2002.

1. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone else besides me do work for the daystar company? If so, do you have as much trouble getting paid as I do? I have yet to get check from them, that they sent on their own. every month I have to call and say "why havn't I got my check yet?" Then they make up some crap and I get my check in about 5 days. (at least I get my money)

I've been thinking about next years bid. I'm not sure if I'm even going to bother. It is a lot of $ though. I could have 4 stores if I wanted them. I just can't decide if dealing with all the crap is worth it.
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I'mcertainthis was discussed before, so there IS SOMEone here that has atleast worked for CVS. I think it was a plowing deal if I'm not mistaken.
  3. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

A friend plowed under the same deal you descrided, only he did not get payed until 3 months later. It did not mater how much he called. Always 3 months. :(
  4. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

did your friend add in 3 months of late fees?
  5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Include a DISCOUNT for prompt payment.

Don't make it a discount though! Keep it your regular price. Jack up the normal price and then discount it down to the regular price. This way, if they pay you late it will be more "worthwhile"!!
  6. bilbo7021

bilbo7021 LawnSite Member

I know you said you have a chance at four stores if you wanted them, but it worth the added BS waiting for money when you could just go get four good paying customers instead?
  7. lsylvain

It probably takes them about 2 months to get me my $. They said the other day that they send my check on monday for the work I did in September.

I am definatly glad I didn't take the forth store this year, but I'm still thinking about next year. The money is really good and it does have the benifeit of not having to deal with anyone on site. Just dealing with the company over the phone and bugging them about $.

I have found out in the last few days that there are 3 Quality Lawn Care companies that do work for CVS and that is causing some confusion with payment.

As far as cash discounts go they don't even notice them. The september bill was 2% 20 net 30. Their company says that if they recieve the invoice by the tenth of the month they will have the check in the mail by the 20th. What a joke.

My main concern is that over time they are going to get worse and worse. I hate to turn down 8K in work next year just because they are late payers. (provided I get the job)

I would really like to find out if they are in the business of screwing people over. You know the people who wait until all the work is done for the year and don't pay the remaining balance. I've ran into a few residential people like that, they just switch to another company the next year and do it to them.

8. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I hope it works out for you. If the money is good that is great but have to hound someone to get paid is always a bother. I agree with giving them the "discount" if they pay on time.

9. North GA Guy

North GA Guy LawnSite Member
    from 7a

I did work for them 3 seasons ago when Pheonix Corp. was doing the paying. It took about 60 to 90 days to get paid. In the end when I finally dropped them we got stifted a little. This was right before they changed companies that handles their invoices.
  10. lsylvain

That's my main concern North GA Guy, that They are going to stiff me when it is all said and done, on this last bit of work. Fall cleanups etc.

They lost their contract with Ohio this year, and I'm affraid the same will happen with WV and then leave me out to dry.

thanks for the input guys anymore would be great