Cycle Billing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Axl, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Axl

Axl LawnSite Member

Has anyone ever tried having a one month billing cycle but having half customers pay at end of the month and the other half pay in the middle of the month. This way you have money come in every two weeks instead of once a month but it is still a monthly bill? I also thought that this would avoid having the bill put off until the "important" bills are paid by the customer.

2. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I know some members bill like this, maybe try a search and see if you can find some more info. I wouldn't mind trying it myself, but Clip software won't allow you to do so.

3. SCW

SCW LawnSite Member

Our per-cut customers get billed at the end of the month; our annual contract customers get billed at the 1st of the month. Money is still coming in at the same time; but one group is paying for services already performed, while the other group is paying at the beginning of the month for that month's services.

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I know someone on here that did billing by peoples last name. A-N the first part of the month, and O-Z the end of the month.

I just do once a month billing. They go out the last sunday of every month

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Axl,

Yes we do see that from time to time. It should help keeping good cash flow through out the month.

6. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

After the first month of billing you should have money trickle at all times of the month. Unless you are lucky and your customers pay promptly.