cyclone or dr lawn vacuum

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SMITH LAWN AND LANDSCAPE, Mar 27, 2006.

1. SMITH LAWN AND LANDSCAPE

SMITH LAWN AND LANDSCAPE LawnSite Member

wanting to buy a lawn vacuum any suggestions on these 2 or does anyone know of a better vacuum,thanks

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

he Cyclone by far. Look at storage, the prop system, and a whole host of other things.

3. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

the cyclone will put less strain on your hydros, i was thinking about one, but the leaf shreder and mulcher kit is only like $210

4. CC Lawncare

CC Lawncare LawnSite Member

Mike, Are you referring to the CYCLONE RAKE? I have a Cyclone Rake Commercial Pro. What shredder and mulcher kit do you mean?:confused:

5. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

6. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

the cyclone rake is the best i got a trac vac and i saw one on here for 500 and that is cheaper than the one i got i was so pissed i wish i could take that money back and buy that. this is why i shouldent rush.

7. SMITH LAWN AND LANDSCAPE

SMITH LAWN AND LANDSCAPE LawnSite Member

thanks everyone the cyclone was the one i was looking at just wanted to get your professional views

8. jeffv

jeffv LawnSite Member

If this helps you any, I had the DR Leaf Vac. I sent the thing back because it was junk. I now have the CR Pro and love it. Much better then the DR.

9. bjlawn1

bjlawn1 LawnSite Member

What did you not actually like about the dr leaf vac when you say it is junk.

10. Aadman

Aadman LawnSite Member
    from VA

I have the cyclone rake commercial pro with the estate hoses. I love it.
    The hoses are great for cleaning out flower/mulch beds and perfect for vacuuming out leaves embedded in ivy. Be careful though it will remove the mulch and take you straight to removing soil. Very powerful...

The cyclone works well being towed behind the lawn tractor as well.

I did a cleanup last week...53 bags of leaves....1 man, 1 day...$360.00
    Could not have done it without the CR.

I did this work in a neighborhood I have not advertised in. From that yard cleanup I have received 2 lawn contracts and request for 2 additional clean up quotes.

Joe