Cyclone Rake - Backing up on Trailer Ramp

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 4-Leaf, Oct 7, 2003.

1. 4-Leaf

4-Leaf LawnSite Member

I have a 6' * 10" trailer with a ramp gate.
    Does anyone know if the Cyclone Rake can be backed up on the ramp for dumping. Looks like the clearance might be close.

I mean, it looks like the rear edge of the pull-behind unit might hit the ramp before the wheels.

Also -- is it easy to back up with those things? Looks easy but sometimes looks can be deceiving.

Thanks for any replies.

2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

before someone could answer they would need to know how long your gate ramp is....

and regardless the legnth of the gate ramp, you could ease the angle of the drop by putting a block under the edge of the gate where it touches the street and then a piece of wood in front of that to back up on. HTH.

as far as dumping the cyclone rake...I dunno.

GEO

3. 4-Leaf

4-Leaf LawnSite Member

The ramp is pretty long. Without going outside and measuring it, my guess would be about 4' 6".

Actually, attaching a board to the ramp is not a bad idea.
    Thanks.

I still wonder how easy it is to back up with those things.

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Very easy to backup. Also, you can take your hitch (if have receiver type like Reese 2") and turn it over in the recepting part and unbolt the ball and bolt it back on right side up, so the ball is higher up than before, this will make the gate have less of an angle, doing this with a 1 or 2" drop hitch makes a huge difference.

5. Cooper Landscaping

Cooper Landscaping LawnSite Member

FSM is right- It is really easy to back up. I would think that you would make it up the ramp without any problems with the back hitting. No guarantees tho
    -Coop

6. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

very easy to backup on a trailer.i use to backup my trailer then backup onto my flat bed truck.worked out great