Cyclone Rake Feedback

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Strawbridge Lawn, Nov 27, 2002.

1. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Did a search & got Limited results regarduing this product. WHO OWNS ONE ?AND HOW DOES IT WORK?

2. Cooper Landscaping

Cooper Landscaping LawnSite Member

I own one and i love it. It sure beats the blowers and tarps. The only thing i would suggest is getting te commercial models for te capacity difference. I have the standard one and it works in the rain, with leaves frozen to te ground. Yesterday we blew out the landscape beds and ad piles 2' tall- went through them with the mower at full speed and it sucked um right up.
    -Coop

3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Cooper - full speed??????? What kind of mower do you have it on anyway and how fast is full speed??? On the cyclone rake demo video they show the lawn tractor (about 42") going only a couple mph which would be alot of leaves for what they were showing was like in a forest during leaf season!

4. Cooper Landscaping

Cooper Landscaping LawnSite Member

bhb- im using a jd gt 225- i believe the full speed is between 6 and 6.5 mph . the difference between what i do and what the video does is when going through piles i lift my deck up as high as i can. it gets rid of the pile and leave only little scraps which can be fixed with a quick runover
    -Coop