Cyclone Rake for Fall cleanup

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jokatico, Oct 16, 2003.

1. jokatico

jokatico LawnSite Member
    from maine

Has anyone ever used a Cyclone Rake? I am trying to increase my productivity. I have thought about buying a leaf loader for my 1 ton but I want something that will gather the leaves quicker. On windy days the leaves just blow away from the piles I make.
    Any advice?

2. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

yup i have two.they work great on big yards.i have one mounted to a ztr and one mounted to the front of a W/B for cleanning out beds

3. jbob

jbob LawnSite Member

took me forever to get my imfo pack. then ordered mine on 10-07-03. checked status yesterday and they said it shipped 10-14-03. i sure hope they are not as slow with parts if i have to order.

jbob

4. turfcare

turfcare LawnSite Senior Member

Can any of you tell me how much the cyclone rake cost? I can't find the info anywhere.

Thanks

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

6. jbob

jbob LawnSite Member

the commercial model is $1275. with the options that i added(turf tires, vac hose,bagger, unload hose,ect) my final price was $2200.

7. Mowmyyard

Mowmyyard LawnSite Member

Just received my Cyclone Rake and so far I have no complaints.
    I bought the smaller one with all the attachments, if i dumped 8-12 times with the ultra vac I only dumped 2 or 3 times with the Cyclone Rake. I do really like the vacuum wand that I order with it. The only difference between the Commercial and the Residental(smaller) is the capacity and the Comm. has an extra horse on the motor. Note the hoses are the same thickness. So I wanted the attachments but saved 300 on the smaller one. It is 22 bushels and it reduces the leaves upto 8 -1.

8. jbob

jbob LawnSite Member

the commercial model is one horsepower more and the imfo pack says the impeller is heavier duty. that was my reason for ordering commercial model. i really did not care about capacity. when talking to the customer service people they gave me the name of someone close who had one. i called and went by and looked.

9. jokatico

jokatico LawnSite Member
    from maine

Has anyone had problems with the engine? A local shop said they heard that the engines have been giving other lco's a hard time. But when I asked them who had one he couldn't remember there name.

10. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

after running it for a few hours it tends to be hard starting,but thats about it