Cyclone Rake Pro any good???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mjben08, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Mjben08

Mjben08 LawnSite Member

This is my first year in the biz and looking at a used Cyclone Rake Pro for about $500. I looking for something that i can mow with,pick up leaves with by itself,and store leaves. Is that a pretty good deal? thanks

2. wild willy

wild willy LawnSite Member

I have heard nothing but good things about this product, and will be getting one next year. Apparently the customer service and support are excellent and if you have a chance to get one for 500 then get it. If you do a search you will find feedback on this item and I have seen you-tube videos where they use the unit as a leaf loader also. good luck

3. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member

I have had the classic for 12 years will not do leaves without it.

4. yardatwork

yardatwork LawnSite Senior Member

I also have had the classic for 12 years...Tecumseh 5HP motor. It's hard as hell to get started for the first time each year (I recommend starter fluid to the carb). But the thing runs like a gem...excellent machine and they REALLY do what they say they will do. Sucks up leaves, sticks and twigs and even gravel!

I paid around $1200 for mine way back then. I added the deck boot (cheap and not worth it...cracked the second time I used it in the colder weather) and the collection bins.

5. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine's about 6 years old and it's great for leaf pickup. It has the 6HP Briggs and always started on the first pull, but I always drain the gas before storing it. I think I may have been the first to put one on an Exmark ZTR, because the hardware for the boot initially provided didn't fit. But I sent them sketches & dimensions and they custom-designed and manufactured something that would work, and it was free of charge. A few years after getting it one of the zippers for the top flap broke, so I asked for a new flap and the sent me the whole bag, and again it was free of charge.

6. Mjben08

Mjben08 LawnSite Member

I talked him down to $400, so Im getting hopefully by the end of the weekend. Its about a year old so i think its a steal! Probably mount it on the trailer and build a box on the front, blow it to the curb(truck) and suck it up!

Anybody know where to get a good deal on vac hoses???

7. LarryF

Not sure what you mean by "vac hoses", but CR sells everything you might need.

http://search.creativecommons.org/?q=Cyclone+rake&sourceid=Mozilla-search

and the click on "accessories".

8. wild willy

wild willy LawnSite Member

I just got the new cyclone rake catalogue today:

classic 7 inch (intake hose) 5 1/2hp 200 gallon (leaf capacity) $995
    commander 8 inch 6 1/2 hp 285 gallon $1295
    commercial pro 8 inch 6 1/2 hp 415 gallon $1495
    xl 8 inch 9hp 415 gallon $1695
    z-10 10 inch 10 hp 415 gallon $1895

glad I waited... next year gonna get the big one!!!...the 10inch/hp looks awesome

http://www.cyclonerake.com/index.htm

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

10. LarryF

I agree and I apologize for that. I don't know where that Creative Commons thing came from, but when I tried to Google Cyclone Rake again, it didn't show up.