Cyclone Rake Users

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by CC Lawncare, Feb 24, 2006.

1. CC Lawncare

CC Lawncare LawnSite Member

Anybody give me the scoop on Cyclone Rake vac's? I am 99% ready to buy one because of the volume of material they can handle before you need to unload. We use all Bobcat ZT's with Bluebird bagging systems. They seem to hold up extremely well over the years but I just hate constantly unloading on large properties. Give me the pro's and con's of Cyclonerake if you guys use them.

2. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking about one but never did order it it looks like a great set up but yoyu will never know till you try it they had a good deal as I think that they offered a 6 month buy back if you did not like it but the freight was high what I like about it was how you could get into the corners and flowers with the accersory sucction hose attachment whole lot better than trying to use a blower for sure Good luck if you decide to buy and let me know how i works .Twj

3. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

i know a few guys on here have them and like them i'm sure they'll post on this. freight would not be so bad to get it to pa they are located in connecticut.

4. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I was probably the only person on here that hated that thing. It was over 13 feet long hooked to my mower and I hit and tore the hose lose twice the first couple of minutes I used it going under limbs not counting knocking my AC unit off its pad. It would be ok if you are mowing a wide open area with no bird baths or flowers but it is like driving a 15 pass. van around a yard. Forget it on small residentual yards. I would take my QDS bagging system 10 times over it anyday. I sent that dam thing back! Also it aint as easy to empty as the video made it look and it had a Tecuseh engine and they used to be pure junk, dont know about now.

5. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member

Do a search I have posted on it a number of times. They work great I use it for leaves most of the time I have used it for grass works great wet grass will get very heavy and a little harder to unload.

6. DixieFerris

DixieFerris LawnSite Senior Member

Best bagging unit for leaves or large properties ever. Unreal amount of capacity between the cyclone shredding and gator blades. Awesome we now have 2

7. CC Lawncare

CC Lawncare LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input guys! I ordered a Cyclone Rake Commercial Pro and it is on the way. I am looking forward to the larger spring cleanups now.