Cyclone Rake will it hold up? Manueverability?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HenryB, Nov 13, 2006.

1. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Title says it all. Wondering if the CR will hold up to commercial use? Also most of my lawns are under an acre is the CR too big and awkward. I'm thinking of mounting it on a Super Z or even a Super Surfer. Any opinions?
  2. brudot

brudot LawnSite Member
    from CT

I have their top of the line model and have been very happy with it. Commercial use shouldn't be a problem if it's cared for like all equipment should be. Manueverability itself is not a problem once you get use to it but you certainly have to be aware of a 6 ft device pivoting around behind you, unlike a trailer. Especially near any kind of obstruction, trees, buildings, etc. It does a great job. Mine is mounted to a Ferris 1000Z.

I also use the power unit to load leaves into my pickup which also works great. See my thread "Piece Together Leaf Loader".
  3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have one and I think its doing ok. I bought the largest one and wish I had got the middle size, its 6x6x6 smaller than what I have and would still hold alot of leaves, Mine is mounted to a tiger cub, and there are places you pull in and get up leaves and then back out instead of turning around and driving out.

Also I purchased the hoses to do flower and shrub beds with, in tight areas I'm blowing the leaves in a pile then using the hoses to suck them up.

4. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member

I have had the small home owner one for 8 years now it has held up very well
    I used to use a lawn tractor to pull it but just hooked it to a Scag Tiger Cub
    it is about 2' longer but I can take it everywhere I could before I got the pickup hose for flower and shrub beds and the uploader hose so I can upload into a truck.