Cyclone Rake

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by opher, Oct 10, 2006.

1. opher

opher LawnSite Member

Just received the DVD from Cyclone Rake and it looks pretty good, Just want to know from the people who use them if they work as well as they look on the DVD? I would consider the top model. Any input would be great. Also do you know the price with all the accessories? They dont tell you in the video.

Thanks,
    OPHER
    Lighthouse Lawn Care

2. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I bought one last season. Worked well. I got the Platinum Pro one with the 7hp motor. It has a few small problems, but overall does a great job.

Mike

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

If you google cyclone rake you will get there website and all the prices are on it.

wayne

4. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member

I have had one for 7 years it's just the home owner model with 5 hp motor
    will not do leaves without it.

5. machsixer

machsixer LawnSite Member

I just used my Cyclone Rake Commercial Pro for the first time and was very impressed with it! It really sucks up and mulches like they say. I tow mine with an iz5223 Husqvarna ztr and it's like driving an oversized yellow school bus. You have to be careful 'cause the length could get you into trouble a few times. For ztr hookups, you'll want to be careful not to fly the cart around doing zero turns too hard or you may overstess the 2 point hitch and/or damage the collector unit. Just use common sense and you'll be fine.

Get one, they're worth it!

6. jcb287

jcb287 LawnSite Member

Well worth the money.I pull mine behind a 61" Lazer.Like what was said,you have to get used to the length,but it does not take long.Buy one you will like it.:)

7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

UPDATE......I hooked mine up yesterday and got up a few leaves, I love it, kinda long and a lil awkward, but it really works great, I think its going to be money well spent

wayne

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

A 61" Lazer? You better hold on to that, because those are rare! :laugh: :)

9. jcb287

jcb287 LawnSite Member

Runner,
    You are not kidding.I can't believe I typed that one.:dizzy:

10. giden

giden LawnSite Member

I've had my CR for just under 1 year. This is the first full "leaf season" i've used it, and it is wonderful! I pull it with a Kubota B7500. Just keep in mind the extra length behind you, and you'll be fine. Also, keep small animals and kids away from the intake. :) It's THAT powerful.