cylone rake about to order

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gobblet, Sep 9, 2007.

1. gobblet

gobblet LawnSite Member

I'm just about to place my order in for the cyclone rake xl. The one with the 9 hp. motor. Does anybody have this new model and can give me any feedback. I also did not know if the optional 32 ft. debris hose will work at this length compared to the 17 ft. hose. Putting it on my Scag tiger cub 24hp briggs.
  2. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I am very currious about the new unit as well. It looks like it has some nice improvements over the old models. From my reading it looks like guys with smaller Z's, like a 48 find them pretty heavy in the larger size units. I can imagine the new larger model will have a bit more weight then the previous large unit. It may be a horse for your cub. I would like to know how it sucks, if it is really improved over the old ones. I think the 32 foot unit is a 17 with an adaptor to another section. I wonder how handy it would be hauling that around? I also wonder how it would work as a leaf loader with the bigger motor, and 8" hose.

Can't beat 6 month risk free.
  3. ealbertson

ealbertson LawnSite Senior Member

I don't have this unit but I do have last years biggest model which I am extremly happy with. I was not very impressed with the vacuum hose option though. It may be better with the bigger motor. Regardless, I would order it and if it works great - keep it. If not return it under their 6 month return policy.
  4. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I gotta tell you that I just got the Commander Pro...... But when I ordered they didn't bother to tell me they would offer a 6.5 engine in the next 2 weeks.....
  5. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

What about the vaccum hose were you not impressed with?

Yeah, that is kind of cruddy about the motor options. I hope you got a vanguard, but I fear you did not.... which is even worse. Are you happy with it so far?
  6. ealbertson

ealbertson LawnSite Senior Member

DRM ventures return it on the 6 month return policy and get the one you want. Shady Brook the how just did not have that much suction. Since then I was told it works better pulled strait but that would be inconvenient. I am very happy with the rest of it for sure.