cypress mulch

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn DOG, Feb 20, 2002.

1. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

Can anybody tell of a good supplier of cypress mulch? The McDonald's stores we take of only want this type of mulch.

2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

bagged or bulk?

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

What is cypress mulch? I know of Cedar, yes. Cypress, never heard of. And by the way, how much bulk by the cubic yard?

4. kerr lawn

kerr lawn LawnSite Member

hey lawn dog
    i'm up here in brookeville/olney maryland i'm a hour north of dc, and an hour south of baltimore. I do know a two places that sell it up here but i don't know if you want to come this far for it.
    if you want to me to give you some directions/info i can here is my contact info.
    bud17md@aol.com or 240-372-4982
    peace
    bryan

5. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

cypress is common around here and i like it also.

6. landman

landman LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I would ask them why cypress? I would tell them that cypress is not as good as a mulch as a Cedar/Hemlock blend and would be a bit cheaper, at least here anyway. I do however feel your pain We service about 20 Burger Kings and thier "Corporate" rule is to use Red dyed mulch at thier stores. We had a abrupt lesson in that no matter what plans say do what they want. One of the stores had a remodel done and the architects plan called for "Minimum 3" of high quaility triple groung mulch" ( this was a 20 yard mulch job) that's what we put and all hell broke loose. The manager was screaming that she was going to get in sooo much trouble with corporate and we weren't going to get paid for the job, I said "I Don't think so" contract reads "landscape installation to architects plans and stipulations" they signed it. Got paid, and then got a call to install red mulch on top of the already installed mulch. Got paid for that to! I guess next time they will read a little more carefully. Also, just goes to show you ALWAYS PUT IT IN WRITING!

7. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for all of your replies. I will buy it how ever I can get it. I prefer bulk but whatever it takes to make them happy. I'm running out of time. Gotta get them done.:D