D/FW LCO"S Lemme hear from ya!

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by Whatdefunk, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Whatdefunk

Whatdefunk LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I was just curious what size mowers you guys use for residential customers? Most of my homes have a 36 inch gate and the big decks wont fit through them. I have a 33 inch w/b and thats about as big as I can go! Do you use smaller ones like mine for these customers or do you use 21 inch? I would like to buy a bigger mower to save time but I'm afraid its not worth it. I read these posts about guys from other areas using 52 inch decks, but that really would't work in my neck of the woods. All of the homes that I mow are in newer sub-divisions and the gates are all the same. Let me know what you guys are doing. Thanks
    Jason

2. Whatdefunk

from Texas

welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll............................ok.:(

3. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

Look a little lower. There's a section for DFW that others have contributed. Welcome to LawnSite and good luck.

4. Tx Firefighter

Tx Firefighter LawnSite Member

I from 30 miles west of Ft Worth.

I have 35 or so accounts and I use a 36 inch Scag walk behind. It will go into all but one of my backyards. That one, I overbid by 15 dollars so I don't mind cutting the back with my 21 (Toro Proline 2 cycle).:D

5. Whatdefunk

from Texas

All of my gates are 36 inches wide, will the 36 inch deck make it through?

6. Hodge

Hodge LawnSite Senior Member

If the gate size is 36" and then no it will not fit. Reason is if you can get a straight run at it good but any angle will make it too tight. The gate might be 36" but the fence post and gate backer (slats placed as a gate stop on the side of the fence/gate post) Plus I am fond of my skin on my hands. I have a exmark 36 (a true 36") and run mostly in newer sub divisions also. Of the 40 residental customer I can make it in to about 28 of the gates.

TurfGuy is correct... most of us DFW'ers have posted and subscribed to this link...

There's a section for DFW that others have contributed

7. FarrisFrog

FarrisFrog LawnSite Member

Need Insurance in TX? Call 1-800-842-6572 ext 2581

8. blafleur

blafleur LawnSite Member

Great, insurance people advertising on this site, next there will be lawyers, then child molesters.

9. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

The best mower I have found for those 36" gates, is the new Gravely 34" commercial ZTR. This thing is built like a tank, and will go through most 36" gates. The cost on them is only $3995.00.
    I am in Denton. If you want to look at those 34" Gravelys, send me a PM and I will give you the location of some dealers in the area.

10. FarrisFrog

FarrisFrog LawnSite Member

Not in the insurance business- I just know how hard it is to get good insurance in our business and wanted to pass the info along. They helped me out withh all I needed. Good business has good insurance!