D Max Injectors

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Mini man, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Mini man

Mini man LawnSite Member

:canadaflag:I thought these were covered to 200 Miles?
    My 03 with 193 KM on it is running rough ....little more smoke and increased fuel consumption.
    I am taking it in for a look tommorrow to the GM ( Canada ) dealer tommorrow but they said on the phone that they will access the injectors and they may not be covered by warranty!
    I thought that this was a given ?

2. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

Depends on if you've screwed around with chips and stuff like that. If you've added an aftermarket air cleaner, or anything that didn't come with the truck, take it off. Those injectors are spendy, and I would look for them to do just about anything to get out of buying you new sticks, including the dreaded "Unable to duplicate problem".

3. Mini man

Mini man LawnSite Member

I do have the Edge installed

4. IA_James

from Iowa

You'll want to un-install it, and never mention it again. If you're lucky they might not spot the traces that it leaves in your computer.

5. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

if they want to they can check for that programmer so yeh... just beware, if its not under warranty dont let the dealer fix it.

6. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

and on your pistons!

7. IA_James

from Iowa

If they are wanting to dig that deep, there too. Hopefully they won't though.

8. Mini man

Mini man LawnSite Member

So basicaly I am screwed?

9. IA_James

from Iowa

If you go in there and run your mouth about the Edge box, for sure. You might be anyway. If you keep your mouth shut, and if asked swear up and down that you changed your fuel filters just like the book said to, etc etc, you might get a new set of sticks out of it. Or you might not, they aren't cheap and if they think your Edge pressure box is what killed 'em (by the way, it at least helped), they'll deny your warranty claim for the injectors.

10. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

youd be suprised how many dealers go that far...