1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

D***n cheap azz foreign doctors

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by QualityLawnCare4u, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Three weeks ago was mowing a yard and my doc pulls up and stop (lives right around the corner) and ask me to do one of his rental properties and wants to know what I would charge. Told him I would have to look at it first but was familiar with it from doing it sometime back for a renter and told him it would normally be 35 bucks.Not a real big yard but I know better than sight unseen. He tried to pay me and I refused untill I looked at it. I get to it the next day and it was over waste high and full of limbs. Im sure the city was fixing to slap a fine on him. I did it and took a bill by for 65 bucks. Today I go back by to see him and he wants to know if I can do it once a month for 35. Now this yard is nothing but bahai grass and I told him no way. He looked at me funny and said "but thats 70 a month and my yard is 5 times bigger than that and I only pay 150 a month for 4 cuts". The biggest LCO here does his yard and I know dang well he is not doing it for that. I told him I was surprised that the city had not fined him and he admitted they were fixing to. I asked him why he had me do that property and had another LCO doing his office and home and he looked at me funny and said he would see what the other guy would charge. As I was leaving the other LCO happen to be mowing out front so I stopped him and told him about the conversation and he said BS! I aint cutting that yard for no 35 bucks and he is one cheap SOB, always trying to argue me down on price and he and his wife are both doctors. I rode by the yard and it was already over knee high, gotta love that Bahai! I make no secret about my dislike for these people from the "that"country and back when I was a newbie posted a thread about them and got flamed badly but this time Im not backing off how I feel about them. Every single one of them I have done biz with have tried to screw me and I absolutley refuse to ever do business with another one no matter how desperate I get! BTW, the reason he is my doc is my doc that I had for 40 years passed away and he was in the office with him and just took over and where I live thats all there is. Hardly any American doctors left here.
  2. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hindu, I presume?
  3. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

So tell us how you really feel...:laugh:
  4. Evergreenpros

Evergreenpros LawnSite Bronze Member

You can thank the American Medical Association for that, they control the number of doctors that are trained in the US each year and they keep the number low to increase doctor's incomes. Typical union.
  5. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

yes very tight with money but some of the best docs around my woods.
  6. QualityLawnCare4u

Bill, Im sure that there are some good ones out there but they aint here. I hate to label any group of people but after so long you get gun shy. Ive done biz with white folks, black folks, rich, poor, and ever other nationality I can thing of and never had the problems Ive had with "these" folks. I hate to sound prejudice because its not my style but until some comes along to prove me wrong thats the way it is and Im not giving another one the chance to find out.
  7. QualityLawnCare4u

:laugh: I did!:laugh:
  8. QualityLawnCare4u

I will agree with that, they are good doctors but dang hate to part with any money! And I hate to play the haggling game. I know its their culture but Toto, I dont think we are in Kansas anymore:)
  9. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

They are good docs but their butt holes pucker up tighter than a snare drum when it comes to parting with money.
  10. lucky4511

lucky4511 LawnSite Member

We have done business with four people of this nationality in areas all around the city, Indianapolis, and have had nothing but constant haggling of prices. We no longer contact any of them but one did call us this spring. I quoted the work, she asked for lower costs, I said I didn't think so and she said to do what I could - but don't back off on the quality - I thought yeah, just the price! We did it for what I quoted her. All four of these clients were doctors.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.