D.o.t. # In M.d. You Better Get Them!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by TNT LawnCare Inc., Mar 19, 2007.

1. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Just a heads up for anyone knew you better get your D.O.T # for your truck or trucks here in Maryland.They are cracking down severely. If your over 10,000 gvw's pulling a trailer Look out. The D.O.T state police will be targeting Lawncare and landscape Company's heavily this year. A friend of mine had his D.O.T FOR 3 DAYS AND GOT PULLED OVER ! NO JOKE ! JUST A HEADS UP:waving:

2. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

I don't pull over 10k yet but thanks for the heads up. How about this weird weather?

3. Ravenwood Landscaping

Ravenwood Landscaping LawnSite Member

Yea, warm one day, snow the next. Have you guys gotten much call for work yet?

4. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

I started getting calls last thursday for estimates. Stupid me I didn't check my local news channel for the latest weather reports. I used weather.com and they SUCK. I never saw a hint of any snow coming so I scheduled an estimate for Sat. Then the lady calls me back and leaves a message asking me if I could reschedule for Mon (guess she knew about the weather). I called her back and said that was fine - still didn't know about the weather. Well here it is monday and I haven't heard from her cuz there's still a few inches of snow on the ground. So I'm gonna wait til the snow melts and then follow up but I was so psyched to get started for the season. What a bunch of POOP Sevent-five one day and inches of ice/snow crap the next;)

5. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Picked up 9 new accounts already in 1 week,this weather stinks. I cant wait to get going.

6. HBLandscaping

HBLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Im not over 10K (Yet) but like Matts Lawn Care said, Thanks for the heads up. Im telling you this state is really making it hard for anyone to make a living. My county is even making it harder to dump yard debris and waste now. Even checking you a DL to make sure you live in the county and if you have any markings or anything on your truck that looks somewhat "Commercial" Their hitting you with major fee's. I took some stuff from my house (Tree branches) in my POV the other day and it took me 10 minutes to get throught the gate because I "Look like a buisness" all because I drive a White truck (With Firefighter tags- Arent commercial, LOL)

As for the weather around here, I was out all last week giving Estimates and doing clean-ups and mulching. I heard a chance of the rain ending as a "passing flurry" Then at noon I had to change gears and hook up the old plow (Which I had just moved, So I could get my summer stuff ready).

But I was back out today doing clean-ups and mulching. Im about ready for the grass to grow, How about you guys?

7. Firstchoicelawns

Firstchoicelawns LawnSite Member

I live right across the line in Pa and have a little business just to make some extra money for my TWIN girls. I know lucky me...lol....So I was wondering if you guys could give me some pointers on snow plowing. What are the increments you guys bill for and a ball park for prices and all. I have never plowed before but I am thinking about getting invloved it plowing next season. Any pointers I would appreciate it. If you wanna email me direct its Firstchoicelawns@yahoo.com. By the way thanks for the heads up since I drive pass a way station eveytime I go out and cut in Maryland.

Come on warm weather......

8. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD