1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

D series cat skid steer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Stick Pro, Jan 23, 2012.

1. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

looks like it has a wedgy... but looks pretty cool. There wasn't much visibility out of the back to begin with.. what's a little less. Moving the radiator to the back, IF, that means it would be easier to service the other components would be a good thing. I hope CAT's specs are right so that it will raise the bar. I've been griping for a long time that the machines this size are capable of more hydraulic and engine power. Seems CAT is taking it up a notch. Wonder what that will do to the market for Supertrak machines?
  2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

The Cat B series has the best visibility of all Cat series. I am currently in a 1000 hour old 226B2 and I am just in love with it. I am glad I ran a track off the 277C, man that big bastard of a skid steer sucks.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. SellingIron

SellingIron LawnSite Senior Member
    from FTE

Wow, That thing has a big Azz..I tried to open the link but no luck... Is the picture of the cat 299 have a true tier IV engine in it. I didn't think kubota had one just yet..
  4. Cornell

Cornell LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Rear visibility looks worse than the C series.

Didn't think that was possible.
  5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I hope back up camera's are optional like on the excavators.
  6. Dave1936

Dave1936 LawnSite Member

The New D Series has a Cat Branded Kubota. as well as the E Series Excavators.
  7. Dave1936

Dave1936 LawnSite Member

The Supertraks still use the 4.4 Cat. 140HP soon to be 170HP with Tier 4.

8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Check those exposed hyd lines near the drive motors. That looks like a problem if your mulching.
  9. Dave1936

Dave1936 LawnSite Member

Good Point, Supertrak has 3/8 plate guarding under those lines. Going on 4 yrs never replaced one yet. Whole machine is guarded very well.
  10. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Yellow I pm'd you
    Posted via Mobile Device