1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

D403 Pump Sucking oil

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by J Hisch, May 19, 2006.

1. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a Hypro D30 pump and now right at the end of R2 the sight glass is losing oil. I fill it and it goes again, quickly too. IS this a diagram problem, I do not see oil on the equipment and the oil is not milky. Any hints?
  2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

sounds like a diaphragm problem, although mine usually got water in the oil making it milky.
  3. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Diaphram more than likely, mine has done the same and when removing the old diaphram it basically shot! best to replace both while you're at it.
  4. J Hisch

Do they where out that quickly. Where do you see the milky oil? IN the sight glass? I dont see any milky oil.
  5. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

my experience has been that when a diaphram goes it fills the crank case so full of liquid that it starts comming out of the site tube. call hypro and thay will help you, or go to www.hypropumps.com their is a trouble shooting guide to help you. if i remember correct you just built you unit this past winter?? if you diaphrams are out already, then i would make sure that you have the proper amount of air pressure loaded on the top of your unit, should be around 20% of your spraying pressure.
  6. J Hisch

Teeca, yeah I just built it this past winter and now that you say it. The by-pass pressure may be too high. When I spray Barricade I let the agitation just run for about ten mintues, I wonder if it was to much? Plus I had the reel feed line cut off?