Daconil Not For Residential Anymore

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GGLS, Jun 28, 2001.

1. GGLS

GGLS LawnSite Member

Since Daconil is no longer registered for use on residential lawns I have not been able to find an economical substitute. Any ideas?

Also, we treat for winter grain mites in the off season and the old reliables such as dursban are being phased out. Does anyone have an economical substitue?

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I havent bought from Lseco in a few years,but I used to use Lesco two-some,it had a powerful ,quick knockdown,and a great residual effect on brown patch/dollar spot.it might still be labeled for residential.I just noticed on my new Daconil jugs the label reads not for residential lawns.I now get the same protection by mixing daconil with bayletonm or Banner maxx,but im spraying greens so I can still use Daconil:)

3. powerreel

powerreel Banned

John must have the BIG budget with BANNER MAXX on the shopping list! GOOD STUFF- if not the best....

4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I have a small budget,some of my equipment is 30 yrs old.I only have 2 peices of equipment with under 1000 hrs on them,the rest are around 4-5K hrs.My greens however,get the best.Without them the golfers wouldnt come-without golfers-you know the rest.I love Banner,its a little easier on the soil microbs than bayleton too,I like that.

5. Turfdoctor

Turfdoctor LawnSite Member

Try Compass from Bayer. It is Agency priced, but not as costly as Banner Maxx. Gives excellent "Brown Patch" knockdown and last 21 days at the .20 rate. About $4.50/m. Also rocks on roses with black spot. It is sister chemical to Heritage;just costs less.

6. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

I was just informed by Lesco last week that Twosome is no longer registered for residential use as. The Fenarimol is okay, but the chlorothalonil is registered for golf course use only.