Dad's new Toy

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, Jun 4, 2008.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Yup, I came home and he told me that he had just got off the phone with his favourite Hitachi salesperson and he had just given the go-ahead on a new Hitachi ZX75US with 2 buckets and a thumb for the amazing price of $95,000 with taxes.
    Cat wanted $108,000 (308DCR) New Holland $91,800 (SR70) and Komatsu wanted $96,000 (PC75US) but they had narrow tracks (rubber on steel) and there was no 24" wide pad option, and they had a very high finance rate, over 6%.

Delivery is less than 2 weeks.

It should look damn nice next to the ZX27 we already have.

Dad and I are both bouncing like a kids on Christmas morning, my mom is beside herself with grief. :laugh:

YEE-HAW!!!!!

2. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice Buy

Post Pics Wehn you get it

3. bearmtnmartin

bearmtnmartin LawnSite Senior Member

disn't like the new holland? they are very agressive with their pricing. When I bought my backhoe, it was almost 40K less than the cat

4. bobcat_ron

The NH was a quite a bit lighter than the Hitachi, there wasn't enough counter weight and their financing was also a bit steep.

But there was no one that was willing to take a pair of these as trade in:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zsUFvNLbYI

But it's all down to the fine print now, there are some folks on Vancouver Island that want this machine too, all that has to happen is either the Wajax Credit department gives the thumbs down (it happened 3 years ago, same machine!!) or the desperate people up the price by another $2K and start a bidding war.

5. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I forget the Wajax salesmans name that sells the heavier Hitachi excavators.

Hitachi is a better machine anyhow. I wouldn't buy a New Crapolland, Komatsu sales isn't very good now that Conneco is the new dealer and of course Finnings always rips people off.

You dad made the best choice :drinkup:

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

The New Holland is a Kobelco. That is hardly crap. I think the 80CS is a much better machine than the 70.

Lets see the photos.

What kind of thumb?

7. bearmtnmartin

bearmtnmartin LawnSite Senior Member

don't start a pissing war. they are all good machines. it boils down to preference and the deal on the table. you get stars in your eyes for a particular brand and you will pay too much every time.

8. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Poor MOM !!!!!:cry::)

Good luck:usflag:

9. bobcat_ron

She and Dad got into a "war" last year over the debt Dad piled up (over $750,000 from his investments) Mom nearly filed for a Divorce, but she realized she would have nothing to get by on.
    So after some long talks with her sister and other relatives, she decided to stay.

But, the debt has to be paid off, so the house and our lovely 1 acre estate needs to go for sale to pay it off in full.

This is where the rut begins.

In order to sell out house and make it look attractive, Ma and Pa need to put $40,000 into the windows, roof, doors and new garage floor, that money doesn't exist, so Dad needs to keep working well beyond the age of retirement, in order to keep working, he needs to have a new machine, in order to have a new machine, he needs to have money, in order to have the money to buy the new machine, he has to take out a home equity loan

OR

Cash out some of his investments, even furthering himself into debt, which means he has to keep working until he drops dead.

But, if they have the money to put into the house for "Real Estate Improvements", Dad should just buy a new excavator and it will at least make a good return on the investment, whereas a $650,000 house and property might go to rat sh*t in 2 years time when the housing market flops and any money put into it, may not be seen.
    Plus, if all 3 off us moved, we would NEVER get another property like this with ample garden space for Mom (it's big) room to park my truck, trailer, skid steer and attachments, Dad's trucks and trailer and 3 excavators, my brother's trailer and his 6 buckets and 2 attachments and bulk fuel storage.
    The only property that you can get around the Fraser Valley with an acre for $300,00 is out in Upper Chilliwack, and all of our work is Abbotsford based, so fuel and hauling charges will go up, which will drive all of our customers insane. :dizzy:

That's the "rut." :cry:

So I am officially the richest person in the house, I just traded off my old trailer bought a new trailer, paid it off in full.

Maybe I should start a loan company. :laugh:

10. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

I'm interested in a sub-prime loan that I don't have to pay back. Instead of filling out the forms and paperwork.......just send me the cash.......canadian or us dollars would be just fine......if you want, you could even truck it down here in pennies......