dad's new toy

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by SKYNYRD, Jan 29, 2010.

1. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Awesome update George!!Thumbs Up

2. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

one of these days u need to swing on by for an up close and personal VIP style fluid film shoot:cool2::cool2:

3. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

thanks bill:waving: i'll be sure to update it again, hopefully real soon:weightlifter:all depends on the weather:dizzy:

4. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

That could be fun. If there's a show near you we'll have to set it up.

5. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

there's only one person who can arrange a show near me tho;) idk who that is tho so i hope you do:laugh::laugh:

6. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

it's that time again:) what time you ask;) picture time!:clapping:

last monday i took advantage of the night off and gorgeous weather to start work on the underneath of the ford. my plan was to get it all preped for paint. little did i know what a job it was going to be because it was very difficult to remove the fluid film. i was torn because i was having a hard time removing it:realmad:but i was pleased because it's not sposed to be removed easy:weightlifter: was kinda confusing:dizzy::laugh:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    if you look at the area's around where i was hitting with that grinder it's easy to see the difference in where the ff is and isn't
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    that's part of the cab floor, i tried wiping with my fingers to show how well the ff is holding on
    [​IMG]
    that disc is loaded with a combination of ff/dirt/rust etc. everything all mixed together
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    the dry grey of the primer i think helps bring out how soaked the cab rails/floor still is with ff
    [​IMG]
    that streak is where i didn't get the ff completely removed thus the primer wiped right off
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    i just put one coat from a spray can on there. i wanna see how it holds up and get the rest of the frame plus whatever part of the cab rails i can clean up done first then everything will get sprayed with a gun then fluid filmed but considering i don't have access to a lift or sandblaster i'm happy with the way it's coming out and i hope these pics help prove how well fluid film lasts:cool2::cool2:

7. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

while i was under there i hit the u-joints on the driveshafts real quick:weightlifter::weightlifter:

IMG_4935.JPG

IMG_4938.JPG

IMG_4939.JPG

IMG_4940.JPG

IMG_4944.JPG

8. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

the following pics i feel prove that fluid film stops rust. judge for yourselve's

pic 1- a reminder of the 2 rust spots on that new plow i sprayed back in march

[​IMG]

pic 2- those same spots a lil over 4 months later after being cleaned up with a waffle style disc

[​IMG]

pic 3- 3 spots that i did not spray ff on and wish i had. just look at the amount of rust still there after hitting them with both a waffle and 24 grit grinding discs

[​IMG]

now i ask you, does fluid film penetrate deep down into the metal to stop rust or not?

9. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

and just for fun here's a couple pics of how the plow is turning out after paint:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Nice pics as always George! The plow looks sick man!